Raja Ampat, which in Indonesian means the Four Kings, is a Marine Park world-renowned for being the epicenter of marine biodiversity. The park covers a large area with approximately 170 nautical miles separating the northern and southern extremities. It would be possible to dive for weeks and weeks without seeing the same sites twice.
Raja Ampat can be divided into three sections covering the North, Central and Southern Sections. Spectacular scenery both above and below the water make this heritage area unique and a bucket list item for both divers and lovers of nature.
Highlights may include, but are not limited to:
Central Section – dives including:
- Gam: Mayhem, Dalam, and Citrus Ridge
- Penemu: Barracuda Point, My Reef, Melisa’s Garden, and Galaxy
- Arborek: Airborek Jetty, Manta Sandy, and Lolasi
- Cape Kri Area: Cape Kri, Chicken Reef, Sardine Reef, Blue Magic, Mioskon, and Mike’s Point
Northern Section – dives including
- Wayag: Pelagic Rock, Figure 8 Rock, and the world-famous Wayag Lagoon
- Kawe: Eagle Rock and Black Rock
- Aljui Bay: Pearl Farm Jetty, White Wall, Teardrop, and Waterlogged
Southern Section – dives including:
- Daram Area: Candy Store, Wet Dream, and Two Tree
- Wayilbatan Area: Wedding Cake, Barracuda, Dunia Kecil, and Four Kings
- Fiabacet Area: Boo Windows, Tank Rock, Nudi Rock, Shadow Reef, and Whale Rock
- Pele Area: Pele Playground, Netted Corner, Kaleidoscope, and Toblerone
For your convenience, a one-way ferry ticket from Sorong to Waisai is included in the price of your liveaboard.
Routes can be affected by adverse weather conditions and unforeseen government restrictions but we do our best to make sure you dive the best sites.
Join us as we visit beaches that beckon you for a cocktail party at the end of the day. Depending on the route, trip duration, and weather conditions, we usually offer 2 – 3 land-based excursions for each of our trips. Examples can include:
Raja Ampat itinerary:
- North: visit Aljui Bay Pearl Farm and climb Mt Pindito for picturesque and panoramic views of Wayag lagoon. An optional early morning visit to the ‘Birds of Paradise’. Penemu lookout and various lagoon tours by speedboat.
- South: the caves on Misool.
Emperor requires that you have 30 logged dives to join this trip. We require that you are Advanced Open Water or equivalent. All diving is made from zodiacs to give precise entry and exit points. Currents can be strong. If you are Open Water or equivalent you will be required to take part in the Advanced Open Water course on board.